Friday, September 11, 2009

Respect

My junior year of high school I was in math class one day and the class had finished the assignment for the day and we were all sitting around discussing the boys basketball game from the previous night. The team suffered a big loss in the last seconds of the game and it was partly based on a decison the coach made in the final seconds of the game, well that coach was my dad. Although I did not agree with the coaching decision my dad had made, I still was trying to defend his decision. One of my friends and I were debating back and forth about it when my teacher decided to join in on the discussion. He said that the descision made by the coach was idiotic, and he was a horrible coach and responsible for the team's loss. I feel like this was a very disrespectful comment to make because not only was I, the coach's daughter, in the class, but I feel like in situations like that where it concerns another teacher or coworker someone should not share those comments with others in the workplace, especially with students.

No comments:

Post a Comment