Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Passion

A teacher's enthusiasm about a subject can greatly influence their students' feelings about the subject. If you have a teacher that absolutely loves the subject they are teaching and clearly express their passion for the subject, it makes the environment in the classroom more fun, but if you have a teacher that does not like what they are teaching, the class can be boring or dull at times. In high school, my chemistry teacher had a passion for his profession and his subject area. I was never a very good student when it came to any type of science, but he made chemistry so much more fun for me and I learned a lot with him as my teacher, and greatly improved my grade in the subject area. Everyday he would come to class with such enthusiasm and a smile on his face, ready to teach his students something new. He would speak with such interest in the subject, and this passion for chemistry carried on everyday throughout the whole year. I feel that because of this I learned more because he made the class interesting and found a way to get every student engaged in what we were learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment