Monday, December 7, 2009

Humility

Humility is something that some people have a difficult time realizing, especially when someone shows them that they are wrong. The last time I was wrong is when I was having a discussion on the phone with my parents. I was very adamant about the point I was trying to make, but my father was also. After some heated discussion for about twenty minutes, I realized that the point that I was trying to make was completely irrelevant to the topic in which we were discussing. Although I was completely embarrassed that I was wrong, I graciously admitted that my father was correct. I feel that teachers also need to be able to accept the humility and admit when they are wrong. Sometimes teachers seem to be too confident in what they are teaching, that when they are wrong at any time they are unable to admit this. A good teacher should be confident in the things they are teaching their students, but should be to admit their errors when they are incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment